Forum Replies Created
March 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm in reply to: Featured Slider Section can't be updated since update to Theme #26731
I think my last post got held for moderation. Probably posted too many links?
Anyway, since I can’t DM you:
Are you able to post anything at all? Such as a new blog entry? I have a gross workaround, but it helps you avoid reinstalling the whole site.
- Export the customizer settings as before
- Create a child theme as per Acme themes instructions: http://www.acmethemes.com/blog/2016/07/child-themes-and-its-importance/
- Alternatively, if you trust a random dude on the internet (you never should) you can take the prepared package I made here the other day: dropbox.com/s/bmzs5jxjha3t7oy/education-base-child.zip?dl=0
- The child theme does not inherit customizer settings. So you can active the child theme, and import the settings you exported in step 1.
I hope this helps.March 13, 2018 at 12:26 pm in reply to: Featured Slider Section can't be updated since update to Theme #26720
One thing I might try (hopefully you get my idea):
1) Export the theme customizer settings using the Customizer Import/Export plugin
2) Reset the theme customzation (either in the MySQL DB, or some other way I’m forgetting)
3) Re-import the theme customizer settings
Maybe there is some legacy parameter that is causing the theme to hangup, but by exporting and reimporting only valid settings, it will work again?March 12, 2018 at 1:57 pm in reply to: Featured Slider Section can't be updated since update to Theme #26655
I tested this on my server (I reported the bug that triggered that update). I’m using the free version.
I am able to change the colour without issue. I am also able to reorder the slider and add/remove slides.
Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? Maybe something went wrong during extraction/download.March 7, 2018 at 3:08 pm in reply to: Bug: title of last featured column replaces title of home page #26414