- May 6, 2016 at 9:20 pm #4596MichaelMember
I am having trouble changing my front page to a customized static page. Whenever I dictate the change thorough the theme editor or Settings -> Reading, it automatically formats that page to the SuperMag Pro front page.
Would it be possible to override this from happening? If so, how?May 7, 2016 at 1:43 am #4599acmesupportsModerator
Did you customize a new page? And you want to make that page as a front page? Would you please make us clear that what is happening now? Please post your site URL too. Before this, please read this blog post, that will help you to customize the theme. http://www.acmethemes.com/blog/2016/03/supermagpro-best-magazine-wordpress-theme/
Acme SupportsMay 7, 2016 at 10:59 am #4598MichaelMember
Thank you for getting back to me.
Yes, I did customize a new page, and I would like that page to act as the new front page. The problem is that whenever I make that page the home page through the Reading Settings, it is replaced by the default SuperMagPro page.
How can I override that from happening?May 7, 2016 at 1:15 pm #4597acmethemesKeymaster
It seems like you are using some page builder for the inner page and want that page as front page.
Everything you have done is 100% right.
The only thing you need to do now is,
Please go to Appearance => Widgets
and from Home Main Content Area remove all widgets.
This will solve your problem
Theme function like this for Front Page.
- If you select Your latest posts from Reading Settings, latest posts will display
- If you select A static page from Reading Settings, the content from that page will display, however if there is widgets in the Home Main Content Area, these widgets have higher priority than the page content, so these widgets will display in front page
- If you want to display content from page, you have to empty that sidebar-areas, if you want to display content from widget you can use available widgets and build your sites.
Hope this will help you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.