- August 31, 2017 at 1:03 pm #20055
First I would like to congratulate you on some nice themes. By far the best aesthetic and most relevant themes I could find.
The choice was not easy between SuperMag, DuperMag and SuperNews. They all have some features that is desireable for us.
In the end I desided on SuperMagPro.
That said, I must point out that all themes feels more like designed for weekly magazines rather than a daily news site.
Personally I am building up a Norwegian news site (www.bergstad.co) with news, politics, sports and economy. We relay any major event happening locally and nationally but sometimes also globally. This means we publish stories from news agencies similar to Reuters and AP in addition to our own stories. We can publish anything between 5 and 50 articles per day.
The themes lack some features that is considered basic needs with news agencies.
In the 12 hours since purchase I have compiled a list of issues that is in some parts desireable and some part vital for me as a news agent.
I figured I just publish the list here for guidance if anything is customizations, support or just new feature requests.
– Needs to support 24 hour format (it does not, even WP setting specify)
– Option to put “Breaking News ticker” below menu (above content)
– Option for a second menu at Top (where the ticker is) for static pages
Featured Slide and AT widget:
– Should have option to display timestamp additionally to date. Also in 24 hour format
– Option to disable the “Read More” button. Clickable image and title is often enough
– Option to display the posts/articles on front page (everything generated below all other widgets) in 2, 3 or 4 columns
– Option to Display Title heading above or below image
– Option to use color in article heading, also displayed in widgets e.g. “LATEST: Queen is drunk” where “LATEST:” is displayed in Red and “Queen is drunk” is in black.
– Option to select in single posts if this article is a “Breaking News” or not and then display in the ticker.
– Featured image needs to display text and credit (Only images inserted in post does that now but since featured image also is shown in post it is double up).
– Alternatively the Top media inserted in posts should also be automatically used as featured to avoid double image display.
– The post/article really needs to display timestamp in bylines for “Article Published 00:00” but also “Last Updated 00:00”. (Very vital in daily news stories)
– Implementation into theme for use of Co-Author Plus, or at least a generic similar function to change author displayed or display multiple authors in the bylines. A vital function since news release from press agencies are automatically published, also for big stories it is needed to display e.g. “Story By Author 1, author 2, author 3 and Photo by XXX”.
The menu displayed on devices are Social and not the main menu even it is the only one active in the theme
I really hope you take this list as suggestions to improve your themes and not criticism, because it is not meant as such.
I’m confident it will help you attract more professional users with these improvements as well.
I’m just one more “wordpress-code-illiterate” with very specific visions on what works for me or not.
BergstadSeptember 1, 2017 at 3:13 am #20066
Thank you so much for using our theme. We will check all your list soon and contact with you again. First we kindly request you to check the Appearance > customize section and you will get some more options and you may change the date settings, disable read more etc.
One again, thank you so much for the kind review and suggestions on our theme.
Acme SupportsSeptember 1, 2017 at 1:11 pm #20093
AH.. Removing text from “Read More” removed the button as well, thank you.
I realize the list is quite long and comprehensive but given that I think like a daily news editor the most of this is basic requirements on how a news site should work.
As I said, I hope you regard this as a incentive to improve themes to attract more news users instead of magazin users.
Looking forward to any updates.
BergstadSeptember 2, 2017 at 4:16 am #20105
Thank you so much.September 2, 2017 at 10:51 am #20112
I also just realised that “Vimeo” option is missing from header social menu.
BergstadSeptember 3, 2017 at 2:23 am #20125
Thank youSeptember 18, 2017 at 1:37 pm #20418
Sorry guys, I don’t mean to push here but It would be very helpfull if you could provide feedback on my former comments/suggestions on which of the features you see fit to build in to the theme and what you consider to be “custom requests”.
BergstadSeptember 18, 2017 at 11:12 pm #20439
We already provided this suggestion to the development team and hope you will get the update soon.
Thank you and we are sorry for being late.
Thank youSeptember 19, 2017 at 10:29 am #20465
- The topic ‘Support, Customisation or requests’ is closed to new replies.