In this article, we are talking about How to Make Sticky Posts on WordPress.
In WordPress, by default, new post articles are published on the top of your blog. Always, the recent blog is on the top and so on. With every new article published, your existing articles are pushed down a spot — and eventually, off the front page completely or the previous post will push down and the recent post will take that place. These are called “sticky” posts” because they are “stuck” to the front page of the site.]
Are you wondering about how to make your popular, best article or important information on your blog page always on the top of your site? It’s easy, you can just use the Sticky Post options of WordPress. You can make that sticky post and the sticky post will be always on the top of your blog page.
Be aware that when you do this, your post will then be ordered by when it was published, not when you removed the sticky status. If you have two or more than two sticky posts, the order of the sticky post is the same as the default post i.e. recent sticky post on the top and so on. If your post was published a while ago, be prepared for it to fall a long way down.
Follow the steps below to make post sticky:
- First login to your WordPress admin area. Example: www.yoursiteurl.com/wp-admin
- Go to Post and click on All Posts.
- Edit the post which you want to make the sticky post.
- On the right sidebar, you will see the Publish Box.
- Look at the Visibility: Public and Edit it.
- After that, check on Stick this post to the front page to make that post sticky.
- Click on the Update/Publish button below.
- Check the front/blog page to see that the post is on the top and it’s called sticky post.
You can check the below image as well.
After the WordPress introduces Gutenberg editor. The entire editing experience has been rebuilt for media-rich pages and posts.
So, you can make the post sticky from Document>Status & Visibility
Some theme has a different design for your sticky post. The design depends upon the theme. It’s not necessary that all the theme have the same design for your sticky post. Some theme may miss that design and looks like the normal post although the sticky post will always on the top.
If you want to make that sticky post as a normal post, you can just simply uncheck on Stick this post to the front page.
Related WordPress Tips:
- Yoast SEO Plugin VS All in One SEO Pack – Which one is better?
- 13 Essential SEO Tips For WordPress Website
- Essential Basic Setup for Brand New WordPress Website